2 nov 2007

Luigi joins his main hull

The other Italian builder Luigi sent me a photo update that I'm happy to share here:

He is building the aft cockpit, cuddy cabin, daggerboard version. His workshop is ... huge ! Lucky guy, the winter can't stop him.

He said the joining wasn't so easy ... he'll tell me everything when we'll meet in person in the near future. I just want to laminate some bulkhead by myself before, to compare with his ones.


Can you imagine the water flowing effortlessly around this harmonious hull ? There is something musical in this photo, I don't know ...

And here is a detail of the joint. Each time I congratulate Luigi on his high building speed (he started this spring !), he says he's following a different route from what he saw on the blogs; so while the main hull is joined (no other blogger reached this point, apart Oliver) the floats aren't finished, yet. He prefers to work in parallel on several sub project: while the resin cures in one place, he's working elsewhere. As I said his workshop is a wonderful playspace !

My first materials batch should arrive today but I saw nothing. Maybe it's the "holyday bridge" here in Italy ... Just phoned to courier: next week ... OK.

To Edward: many thanks for your effort in setting up a specific F-22 builders' forum ! I think it will be complementary, additional to our individual blogs and will improve communication among people. Ian THE Designer should be happy: this blogs community and forum is a modern and powerful marketing machine, besides being an immaterial tool for us builders (and potential ones), IMHO.



Fair winds to all ! (and windy fairing, for those without a boat in the water ;-)

1 commento:

GK ha detto...

I agree Biol, these are amazing and will be very helpful pictures. He has the space to be able to step back and get the full effect of the hulls curvature.
Grant